Parents & Families
While Faithwalkers is a conference designed for the next generation, we welcome families and work hard to make accommodations for parents and younger children. We encourage you to read the information below before registering, as some details have changed from prior years. If you have any questions along the way, please contact us.
What's new this year?
This year, we're excited to introduce a brand new program called Faithwalkers Jr. for children ages 4–12, as well as a nursery for children ages 3 and under. Both the nursery and Faithwalkers Jr. will be administered by Oak Ridge Community Church. Click here to learn more.
How does registration work for families?
Children are included with a "Single Parent" or "Family" registration — only select "Married Couple" if you aren't bringing your kids. You will have the option to enroll your children in Faithwalkers Jr. on the registration form.
During registration, you will be asked to acknowledge the Family Responsibility Acknowledgement. If you register on site, you will need to sign and submit this form upon registration.
Will childcare be provided at Faithwalkers?
Outside of Faithwalkers Jr., no other formal childcare will be provided at Faithwalkers. There will be a room available for nursing mothers and another room for parents to be with their small children during main sessions.
Can minors attend Faithwalkers without their parents?
We strongly encourage parents to attend with their children. For minors attending the conference without their parents, the following rules will apply.
- No children under the age of 13 may attend the conference without a parent or official guardian.
- All minors ages 13-17 attending without a parent or official guardian must be chaperoned by an adult 25 years or older. One of the minor's parents and the adult chaperone must each sign the Chaperone Form and Medical Release, acknowledging this chaperone arrangement.
- The signed Chaperone Form (pp. 1–2) must be emailed (email@example.com) or mailed to our office (PO Box 224, Worthington, OH 43085) by December 3, 2018.
- The signed Medical Release (p. 3) must be given to the chaperone and kept with him/her at all times during the conference. You don't need to turn this form in.
- A single chaperone may be responsible for no more than four minors.
Have a question about coming to Faithwalkers as a family? Something else? Contact us and we'll help you out.